Thursday, May 1, 2014

Homebodies

Dave and I babysat for a family in our ward this past week. It was only for 3 days, but we had their 4 boys plus Levi. So i was a mom of 5 boys for 3 days. CRAZY. We had a lot of fun! The boys were really well behaved and played so well together, it was surprisingly easy to watch them :) Dave was really good with them. He played games and jumped on the trampoline with them. He is / will be such a great dad!

I learned something about myself and Levi from this adventure though... we are HOMEBODIES. I love being at home. Apparently so does Levi. I have baby-proofed our apartment fairly well, and Levi gets to go pretty much wherever and i don't have to watch him 100% of them time (and our apt is small enough that i'm always in the same room with him). While we were at the other house, I had to watch him constantly to make sure he wasn't into cords, choking on something, or attempting to go up the stairs by himself. Put this with the fact that he hates sleeping in pack n plays, and you have one GRUMPY mommy and baby. Yesterday we spent the day hanging out at home, and he was so giggly and smiley. he took 2 naps over 2 hours. It was pure bliss. I didn't realize that we were such homebodies!

Don't get me wrong, I loved being able to babysit those boys, they are great! And I love being to help out a friend. Maybe next time we'll have to do it at our house. haha. now THAT would be an adventure :)

Oh, this happened while we were there: hahaha. he got stuck again. so funny :)

No comments: